Babywearing was one of the wisest decisions I made- I can’t even start to speak of how it has made my life easier! And once you are babywearing, you’ll start realising that one design isn’t enough and you’ll crave for more *guilty pleasure*!! (facepalm) .
And let me be honest- Ergonomic baby wearing is not very pocket friendly. So, to stay in my budget and yet have a variety in my closet- I DIY-ed this super easy Ring Sling inspired from Souls Ikat Eclipse design.
Follow these simple steps below to make one for yourself:
What will you need?
-Tested babywearing rings: 2 (You’ll find them online on www.babywearingstuff.com and slingrings.com)
– Pure cotton cloth: 2.25m (You an use your saree or any dupatta if it matches the requirements)
– Pair of scissors and sewing instruments like machine, needles and thread or access to a tailor 😉
1. Take 100% pure cotton sturdy cloth measuring 2.25m in length and 1m in breadth.
2. Take one end and mark the centre point on the breadth size. Fold like shown in the picture.
3. Fold again like shown hereunder
4. Insert the rings and fold
5. Measure 6 inches from where the rings are placed and mark.
6. Take atleast 5 stitches (yourself or you can ask the tailor to do so) and make sure they’re strong enough to hold the baby. I took several stitches just to be safe!
7. Ta-da! Your ring sling is ready!! Happy babywearing to you 🙂