I’ve always loved art and craft since the time I was a little girl myself. Now that I have a little girl of my own, I couldn’t resist preparing a backdrop /decor for her 6 months birthday aka half birthday 🙂
Here’s what I did and how I did it:
Before you start:
1. Select the wall you want to decorate
2. Based on the dimensions and colour of the wall, choose your colour theme. I chose pink, white, black and a little of golden.
What I made?
•• A chalkboard poster with all her details
– I used google images to find a chalkboard draft
– I then added all her details using the basic paint brush software and downloaded a couple of fonts online to make it look even more beautiful and realistic.
– After it was ready, I used www.vistaprint.com to get it printed!
Easy, right? 😁
•• For the decor I made:
2. Number 6
3. Ruffle flowers
4. Paper fans
5. Cake topper
And here’s how I made them:
1. Buntings: I took six A4 sized card papers and made 18 bunting-triangles out of it. I then used a thread to stick them at equal distance and voila, it was ready!
2. Ruffle flowers or pom pom flowers: I checked for YouTube videos on how to prepare these flowers and made accordingly. You can make 2 flowers out of 1 standard sized crepe paper (I’d highly recommend crepe paper over any other type).
Here’s the link of the tutorial: https://youtu.be/F2uVnIcAMm8
3. Number 6: I purchased a big white cardboard and cut it in the shape of ‘6’. I then cut pieces of kite paper in random shapes, crumbled them up and stuck. Took me barely half an hour to get it ready!
4. Paper fans: We all know how to make these. It’s easy and looks beautiful too. I’m still linking the tutorial in case you might want to watch: https://youtu.be/u4gj9Uoz_co
5. Cake topper: I used the same cardboard and cuts small piece in the shape of ‘1/2k’ (half). I used glitter glue to colour it and that’s it!
So, that’s how I put it all together. Let me know how you liked it and share in the comments below if you have any ideas too!
Thanks for stopping by and reading!