Guest Post by Mumtaz Surani
Everytime I visit my mom’s place in Karnataka, I’m worried about Zaa’s hair wash. The city has “hard water” (unlike Mumbai), which means it has extra minerals and salts in it. Hence, the texture of the hair gets very rough and dry.
Currently, I had visited my mom’s place and had been there for some family function for a couple of days. I had planned to avoid giving head bath to Zaa till I return back to Mumbai. It was a tough decision, but I had no option. Nevertheless, at the same time I got to know about Sebamed shampoo from my few close friends who had good experiences.I thought this to be an opportunity to try Sebamed children’s shampoo to see the results, when used with hard water.
150ml bottle of Sebamed Children’s Shampoo.
I gave her a head bath and loved the shampoo . Sharing the details and review of the same below.
Product Details :
– Sebamed children’s shampoo is for toddlers and is to be used 2-3 times a week for promising results.
– The product is available in different sizes starting from 50 ml to 500 ml.
– It’s packaged in a lovely shaped bottle that is easy to use and carry.
– All Sebamed products are of pH 5.5 , which is apt for baby’s skin.
– It has natural moisturizing agents that protects against dryness and provides extra mild cleansing of hair and scalp.
My Experience with the product :
– The shampoo is light in weight, flows smoothly and has a mild botanical fragrance that smells awesome.
– Unlike other regular soaps, this shampoo left Zaa’s hair moisturized and super soft despite using hard water for her hair wash.
– We could notice that black shine on her hair after the first wash only. They were silky and easy to comb. Eager to use the shampoo regularly henceforth.
– I could feel the mildness and texture of shampoo while scrubbing her scalp. It’s a no tears formula and dermatologically tested product.
– I loved the fact that it’s a 100% soap and alkali free product. Her hair had that pleasant fragrance even after hours and I loved that too !
Using Sebamed Children’s shampoo .
RS 417/- for 150 ml bottle of Sebamed children’s shampoo .
Sebamed products can be found online on first cry, Amazon, nykaa, Paytm, Big Basket and Flipkart.
I purchased mine from a firstcry store in my vicinity. You should also be able to find Sebamed at several chemists and known baby-product stores like mee Mee, Mothercare etc.
About the Brand :
Sebamed is a brand of skin care products. Sebamed products are developed by dermatologists and can be used even by people with sensitive skin. The unique feature is that all Sebamed products have a pH of 5.5, which is the pH of normal healthy skin. The products are made in Germany and are marketed in India by USV Limited.
What is pH 5.5 and Why pH 5.5 ?
Just like there is normal body temperature, blood pressure and heartbeat rate for the baby, there is also skin pH for babies and the pH for skin is 5.5.
The pH is measured on the pH bar 0 indicating acidic and 14 indicating alkaline. The pH of water is 7 which is neutral. Normal, healthy skin has a pH of 5.5 which is slightly acidic and Sebamed products also have a pH of 5.5.
pH 5.5 leads to soft and smooth skin, aids in skin renewal and imparts a healthy glow to the skin and guards skin from infections. Isn’t this fact satisfying enough to happily use Sebamed ? 🤔😌
In all, I had a very good experience with Sebamed and I’m loving their shampoo. I’m amazed with the softness of her hair and the quality of the product is excellent.
Now, that Zaa has stepped in her toddlerhood, I was in search of kids shampoo for Zaa. I have always used Pears soap for bathing Zaa since her birth, but wished to switch to a good shampoo sooner. My search for the same ends on Sebamed.
Thanks for stopping by and reading.
Signing off for now.