“The simplest way of making sure we raise literate children is to show them that reading is a pleasurable activity. And that means, finding them books that they enjoy, giving them access to those books and letting them read them.”
– Neil Gaiman
I’ve grown up loving books. My dad was a writer and his articles used to be published in a renowned newspaper every week for almost a decade. This is one of the reasons why I still prefer spending on book over food any day. They say, children are made readers on the lap of their parents and I can’t agree more!
When I was expecting, I made sure to read a lot and I also researched on which books to buy for my little one. I purchased my daughter’s first set of books when she was a month and half old and I did make some good choices- except, I got all paperbacks. Little did I know that this little squish of mine will grow up too soon to tear the pages down. The first set was in pieces within 4-5 months. I learnt the hard way that it is board books that’s advisable for kids under 2. Similarly, it took me a while and a lot of trial and error to understand what author and category I should consider for my little reader.
I’m often asked by parents regarding which books to buy for their kids and honestly, answering that question in one sentence is difficult. There are a ton of factors based on which books can be purchased- like for example, age of the child, language preferences, topic of interest, budget and reading level.
I always wondered, why don’t we have Indian subscription service of books for babies like they have in several developed countries.
Well, I was wrong because there already existed one- FubuBox! 😊
One day, I was browsing through my Instagram feed and I bumped into one of their posts. I instantly got in touch with them and got one box customised for my girl. It reached my doorstep in a couple of days and we were pleasantly surprised.
Here’s what we received:
- A board book titled ‘Here Comes the Dinosaur’
- A slide and pull book titled ‘Busy Vet’ by Rod Campbell
- And a paperback titled ’The Crocodile Who Didn’t Like Water’
- A pack of play-doh
What I love about FubuBox?
- They ask you to fill a form to know the age and also understand the interest of the child
- The books are then chosen by an expert panel based on your answers
- They select only those books which are written by well known authors across the globe
- They pick books from various genres to add variety to your child’s reading experience
- They not just send books, but also a surprise gift along with the package 🙂
- They’re extremely approachable and genuinely helpful.
- They currently cater to 0-6 year olds
- They have three plans- 3 months, 6 months and 12 months
- They also design one time birthday box and gift boxes
- They make customized return boxes too
Thanks for stopping by and reading!
P.S. This is a sponsored post. All the images used are mine and the opinions are genuine by all means